Welcome to Askrigg Studios, Beech House, Askrigg, Wensleydale
Paintings, Prints, Books and Greetings Cards
We are normally open most Wednesdays between Easter to Christmas, however during the early part of 2020 we have regretfully
decided to remain closed until further notice.
We will still be able to post unframed and unmounted prints to you if you contact us by email or phone.
Do have a look at the prints catalogue to see what we have available.
When we are ready to open again we will notify you on this website - watch this space!
During October and November 2020 some of our prints are on exhibition in the cafe at Tennants of Leyburn, and in Tennants Garden Rooms Gallery from 20 October - 1 November Judith Bromley is exhibiting her new work in an exhibition 'Sun and Shadow: Silver Linings'.
A selection of our prints can also be seen at:
Judith Bromley and Robert Nicholls
- Well established artists, having exhibited nationally and locally for over 40 years, now invite you to view their traditional and contemporary work in the setting of their own home.
- A wide range of products and prices: greetings cards from £2.00, books £20, prints from £40 - £140, originals from £100 - £3,000.
- A catalogue of their giclée prints can be seen here ( 12.43 MB - opens in new window)
- Paintings by these artists were featured in the following publications: The Yorkshire Dales – a view from the Millennium– a celebration of the Dales in words and pictures; Painters of the Dales; and The Yorkshire Dales – a 50th anniversary celebration of the National Park
- For 25 years their popular annual exhibition in Askrigg, and latterly in the Dales Countryside Museum, attracted locals and visitors alike
- Step into the Meadow, a study of a year in a Dales haymeadow,
with words and pictures by Judith Bromley, was published in 1996 to
celebrate the 50th birthday of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust. Come Down to
the Wood was published in 2003 and has words and pictures by Judith
Bromley with additional pictures by Robert Nicholls. Both the meadow book
and the woodland book are now sold out but you may be in luck and find one
on the internet!
- Their third book: Climb up to the Moor [please click to view] is still available. Signed giclée prints from most of the illustrations are available at Beech House.
- Climb up to the Moor - the exhibition [please click for details] toured the country from 2012 to 2015 to highlight the importance of moorland and peat bogs. View the exhibition catalogue ( 2.36MB - opens in new window)